Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Heart Boy Pants!!

OKAY...need an update. Well...we're at T-30 days and counting till I actually begin my Camino. The plan is to arrive in Paris on the morning of July 9, get to St. Jean Pied-de-Port that night, and head out from there the morning of the 10th.

Last Friday I finally went to the post office to mail my passport application. GOD I hope that 4-week promise holds...otherwise, I'll be doing a big fat NOTHING in 30 days. The guy behind the counter at the Lorton post office was VERY nonchalant about the whole thing and came off as a total dufus who did NOTHING to assuage my fears that it wouldn't arrive. What does it matter to him?? Of course he can be flippant about it. Kinda ticked me off.

Got sick over the weekend with a cold from hell...my house is totally devoid of Kleenex now...and I lost a whole weekend's walking. Not that I would've gotten far...it's been in the 90s with heat indices over 100. I'm hoping that breaks tonight because I HAVE to get back out. I've done NO walking in about a week now and that's NO BUENO.

But I'm recovering...tomorrow should be back to normal.

Today I went to Kohl's in search of Caminowear. Tony gave me a pair of his cargo shorts before he left for Vermont, and I realized I'm NOT doomed to evil, shapeless, terrible-fitting chick hiking shorts made for people with stick-figure bodies and that, believe it or not, a pair of 34 cargos are THE BOMB!! So I sought out a few pairs of lightweight cargos at Kohl's today and found TWO PAIRS of zip-offs!!! I've been wearing one pair all afternoon, and they're ALMOST perfect. They're a little big. And with the weight I expect to drop along the route, they're only gonna get bigger. Problem: the 32s only came in lengths of 30 or 32. And a 34 length is NECESSARY. So I may just suck it up. But I'm keeping the tags just in case. And at any rate, thanks to Tony, I learned that boy pants rock. :)

Next on the list: RUCKSACK. Ian told me there's an outdoors store in Springfield. Might be on the billet for tomorrow.

I FLY IN FOUR WEEKS. AAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

No comments: